Friday, July 27, 2012

Meal notes

I've missed doing my menu plans here, but don't you think I haven't been cooking!
I'm going to back track and note what we had this first week of Ramadan.
When you haven't eaten since before the crack of dawn, a proper meal is in order come sunset.  Thankfully my husband isn't too set in any traditional foods, so there's no pressure to create 'feasts' each night like many homes do.  We've been sticking with a main dish and either a salad or a veggie side dish.  I made a soup one day but no one ate from it.  Desserts aren't a problem, either, now that I have an eager 9yr old chef in the house!

Last Friday: Shakrieh (beef cubes in cooked yogurt with rice on side)

Saturday: Seasoned chicken and veggies in an oven bag.

Sunday:  Salad, I can't remember the main dish

Monday:  Spaghetti and Sauce

Tuesday:  Hamburgers

Wednesday:  Leftover spaghetti, macaroni with behamel, leftovers

Thursday:  Musa'ka

Friday:  More Musa'aka, rice, and a salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment