Tuesday, March 23, 2010

After the freeze




Assalamu alaikom
The average last freeze date for this city is March 15. Wouldn't ya know on March 20 we got a record 8 inches of snow in Plano! My tulips seemed to come out ok, but the little radish seedlings are all yellow now. I will see how they do this week, and either way, i will plant another row b/c it's been two weeks since the first planting.
I brought into the garage the little lettuce seedlings that just recently popped out of the dirt, and they are fine now. My onions are already well established (and almost ready to be pulled), so they're good to go.
In a couple of weeks once it's a bit warmer I will check around the nursery for my tomatoes, peppers, and cukes.
The compost bin is almost done turning. I have quit adding to it for a week or so now to give it a chance to finish up. Once I take out the current compost and distribute it in my yard I will reconsider if I want to have a pile going during the hot months (smell, fruitflies, etc..)


No comments:

Post a Comment