Monday, January 11, 2010

This Week's Menu

Hmmmm.... I am behind :0

I didn't really plan out this week's food, but I am pretty well stocked, alhlamdulilaah, so I just need to figure it out real quick (like right now).
Tonight: bonus* a friend took a whole meal to my dad and his wife, but they can't eat it, so voila!
Tuesday: rolled (stuffed) cabbage leaves (in arabic it's called Malfoof which means 'wrapped')
Wednesday: kafta (meatballs) with veggies in the oven in tomato sauce
Thursday: leftovers!
Friday: fattet jajj. it's a layered dish starting with fried bread pieces, topped with shredded chicken, topped with white rice, topped with broth, topped with yogurt w/ garlic, topped with browned pine nuts. YUM.

Lunches and sides:
I have a huge bag of spinach that we are enjoying as a straight-up salad w/ a bit of feta cheese, a few black olives, and a simple lemon juice/ olive oil dressing. Kids love it, so do I.

Craving a chicken salad for lunch, the kind with apples and nuts in it.

Baked homemade bread, so will have that for some sides or breakfast, or with that chicken salad.

Alhamdulilaah for our blessings and food and good health!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment