Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Happy March Everyone!!

Assalamu alaikom wa rahmatullah!

Phew, February is ALL GONE!!! Not that it was so horrible, alhamdulilaah, but it's nice to have that last stretch of the winter months behind us! 

I'm looking forward to an active March. 

I've started with telling my kingdergartener about the saying about March "In Like a Lion, Out Like A Lamb".   This old saying refers to the weather in March, so I made a small little poster (without using a normal poster board rather I used a large piece of construction paper 12*18").  I used templates from DLTK's site to make the board and chart to track the weather daily.  This site has lots of nice coloring pages and other printables.  They're organized by month, by topic, or season, and by holiday!  Cute stuff.

This is a picture of what ours looks like.  I don't have room for a large bulletin board, and that's why I made mine small.  Even if you don't homeschool, this could be a fun on-going project for March that you and your children can do.

We're taking one week off towards the end of March to receive some old friends who will be visiting.  Looking forward to some fun outings with them, too.  Hope you have some fun things planned for the beginning of Spring and the growing season!  I'm also thinking to start some bean seeds in little cups of pots to show them kids up front a personal how they sprout.  My kids aren't new to gardening, as I've been doing it as long as they've been around, but it's still nice to see the bean sprout!  So InshaAllah I'll get on that and make a post about it.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment