Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Babylon and the Hanging Gardens

Assalamu alaikom

Studying Ancient History has been so much fun for my two older childen (ages 10, 8) this year!  The stories about the leaders, the nomads, the pyramids, and the wonders of the world have easily piqued their curiousity and sparked some creativity. 

When we read about King Nebuchadnessar of Babylon and how he gathered plants, bushes, and flowers from all his land to make a beautful garden for his wife, we immediately thought of an art project.  I pulled out two empty shoe boxes, and the two older kids instantly went to work depicting the Hanging Gardens of Babylon.  I was really amazed at the initiative they took.  I'd never seen this type of enthusiasm before, and I was even further amazed when I saw them race upstaris to the school room after dinner that night!  The ideas kept rolling in until they finally felt like they had done enough to make the gardens.  Here are the finished projects, masha'Allah:


No comments:

Post a Comment