Saturday, November 5, 2011

Crispy Kale!

I'm sure you've heard about how good kale is supposed to be for us with its calcium and super nutrients.  It's not a leaf I buy.  It's very thick and curly.  I'm just scared of it, to be honest.  I haven't seen it used in a recipe where I've thought it would be something we'd eat.  Until now.



I was watching the show Parenthood last week, and it was in the show twice!  Kale was in the show two times.  I grabbed one bunch at the store yesterday, and I fixed 'em up nice and crispy just a little while ago.  So so good.  I'll definitely make it again, insha'Allah.

Here's a pretty straight forward recipe from allrecipes: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/baked-kale-chips/detail.aspx

Try it out! Tip: you don't need too much oil or too much salt!! Yikes.  A little goes a long way.

No comments:

Post a Comment