Sunday, November 27, 2011

Kitchen happenings and Meal Plan

Assalamu alaikom, hey everyone!

As usual I've spent a big part of Sunday in the kitchen.  It's kind of my thing.  I like to get a lot of prep work done for the week, and I try to make stuff I can put in the freezer whether it's muffins, sauces, or soups.  It really helps ease the stress during the week, and alhamdullah, I like having homemade foods available over needing to eat out or to buy packaged food.

Today I planned the main meals for the next few days, and I managed to get a huge pot of spaghetti sauce simmered and divided into two bags for the freezer.  I plan to use some of that for a lasagne next week. 

Using the Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day method, I've baked four loaves of whole wheat bread and frozen two (boy, we can eat through a whole loaf fast here at breakfast).  I'm trying a new recipe using flaxseed with whole wheat, so I'm excited to see how it goes over. It's so much healthier than baking bread with plain white bread. 

I also tried out a tomato basil soup that is the La Madeleine recipe.  Yum.  We'll have some of that leftover for the next day, maybe two.  So.... the rough plan for the week:

Monday:  Salad, Brussels sprouts, roasted leg of lamb, roasted fingerling potatoes
Tuesday: leftovers hopefully
Wednesday: Salad, lasagne, homemade bread
Thursday: leftovers
Friday:  Shakrieh (rice, cooked yogurt with stewed beef cubes)

Lunches:
Tuna
Pasta
Homemade pizza
Fish Sticks

Have a great week everyone! We had a whole week off last week and enjoyed every minute of it, alhamdulillaah.  Looking forward to getting back into the swing of things (well, sorta)!
From a recent trip to the Dallas Arboretum:

No comments:

Post a Comment