Saturday, November 3, 2012

Some Saturday Homework

I've been making bread using the Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day for well over a year now, and I'm very happy with the simplicity, versatility, and ease of the whole system.  I absolutely love the taste of homemade bread.  It is so earthy and good, not airy and sticky like store bought breads.  For a long time I wasn't buying bread from the store at all, but I do now since it's easier to make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches on that type of bread.  This week I've made two batches of the honey whole wheat sandwich bread which comes out to four loaves.  I love it as toast and is soft enough to be used for sandwiches for anyone eating at home since it can be messy!  I saw this dough hook on amazon and think I could really use it to help get the dough mixed up with more ease!

For the end of the day I've pulled out my crockpot and filled it with ground beef that I browned with an onion to which I added a few cans of diced tomatoes, pinto beans, golden hominy, taco seasoning, and a packet of Ranch dressing.  And a cup of water.  This is now filling up the house with a yummy smell and I can continue running errands this afternoon like I did all morning!

I've recruited my kids into the new laundry system and had them begin by washing their sheets this morning.  It went over well!  I also printed out a guide of sorts that I will post in the laundry room.  Instead of messing with laminating them (which I don't have the right tools for) I will slip the sheets into page protectors and keep them posted on my bulletin board in the laundry room.
The details of the list are on this blog page.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment