Sunday, November 11, 2012

I've tried homemade cleaners before.  Some work just fine and others don't work so well.  I 've found myself saying there's a reason why cleaners, deoderants, shampoos, and soaps have been commercially produced (and with harsh chemicals).... because they work!

However, I'm willing to try, again, a very basic recipe for an all purpose cleaner I can use to spray my kitchen countertops and bathroom counters, too.  This one I found today is a little bit different than most of the others as it has a teaspoon of borax in it.

I found it on this website and have just mixed it up.  I also made sure to write out the recipe on an adhesive address label and have stuck that to the spray bottle so that I know what is in there for easy reference.

Here is the recipe:
Homemade All Purpose Cleaner Recipe
Ingredients:
  • 1 teaspoon borax
  • 1/4 cup white vinegar
  • 2 cups water
  • 30 drops essential oil blend (see below)
Directions
  1. Boil the water. Pour it into a large glass measuring cup or pitcher with a spout.

  2. Add the borax and stir until dissolved.
  3. Add the vinegar.
  4. Let cool, then pour the mixture into a spray bottle.
  5. Drop in the essential oils.
Handy Hint: Add the essential oils AFTER you pour the cleaner into the bottle because the essential oil's scent can "stick" to your measuring cup or pitcher.

No comments:

Post a Comment