Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Ramadan Enrichment Program Day 1

Assalamu alaikom

Our masjid is offering a class for various ages that incorporates crafts, songs, Islamic stories, and other goodies into a 2 hour, twice a week program this Ramadan.  Today was the first day and was a hit with my 9 year old who is going to help me write the rest of this blog!  She says:
First, we sat in a circle and introduced ourselves.  Then we talked about Ramadan, and our teacher told us a little story about Fatima (radiAllahu anha), the daughter of Muhammad peace be upon him.  After that, we made thikr beads which will help us remember to say little prayers called 'dua' in Arabic.  Here is a picture of my beads:

After that we made a box to put the beads in.  I decorated my box with teal beads, and I put a moon and a star inside the lid of the box.  We put a sparkly blue cloth inside of the box to make it look pretty.



I had so much fun today, and I can't wait to go back on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment