Tuesday, February 2, 2010

doing some freezer cooking

I'm ready to do all sorts of cooking and freezing just for the heck of it.

I'll use ground beef. 6 pounds.

2 pounds into a spaghetti sauce. This makes a large pot. I will use 4-5 cups of the sauce for a lasagne for the freezer (instead of one large dish i will use two smaller square tins).

the other 4 pounds i will make into meatloaf, shaped into two loaves on a cookie sheet. i will cook them, then slice them into slices, and freeze those portions. i think those would be good for my husband to take to work or for me to pull out for lunches. or i can keep one in a 2lb loaf as a dinner.

and what i'm really waiting to cook and eat (same day) is my friend Cara's beef stew that i saw on her blog! Check it out on her blog http://homespunkitchen.blogspot.com/2010/01/beef-stew.html

No comments:

Post a Comment