Wednesday, October 6, 2010

my favorite month!

Assalamu alaikom

I think I'm going to have to declare October my favorite month.  It's so great. What's not to love? The weather is lovely as we start to get quite cool in the evening and early mornings.  The sun still shines, and it still warms up to the 80's during the day (at least here in TX it does).  The days shorten to a nice length: not too short and not too long.  And then there's the shift in nature: the trees, leaves, vegetables, and general change of the cycle.  I just love it.  I feel like it's the perfect weather to 'live' in.  I also just really got burned out this summer with the incapacitating heat.  We didn't handle it well, we didn't have much to do to pass our time, and it felt like punishment from the beginning of July through the beginning of September.  So, I'm truly happy to be done with Summer.

My decision to homeschool in a trimester system was partially influenced by the dread of next summer.  So we will 'school' for three months and then take one month off.  This way we'll have something useful to do during 2 of the summer months, and then we can do all the fun stuff in the 3rd month.  Also, this way we can enjoy some of each season without having to worry about missing school days.  I'd much rather go to the zoo, to trails, hikes, and lakes during December or April rather than in June/July/August.  So, I do hope next summer won't be as bad.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment