Monday, May 23, 2011

a pink sweater

I found a pretty sweater in my closet.  I think I've never worn it before, or maybe just briefly before getting annoyed with it and taking it off.  It is a cardigan.  My problem with it is that is is 3/4 sleeve and full of big holes.  I guess it's a crochet sweater with a big floral thing going therefore making big gaps between the flowers.  I put in my give-away pile last month and tucked it away into the bag.

Well wouldn't you know, like a week after that I got a dress as a gift that needed a little cardigan.  Gosh, couldn't believe it. Alhamdullah, the bag hadn't gone to the donation site yet, so I dug it out and stuffed in my closet.  Well, for some reason I put it on tonight.  Over a white tshirt and black yoga pants.  It's soft pink, and it is such a sweet, soft, girly sweater!  I suddenly wondered why women dont' have more feminine clothing options.  I'm guilty of wearing trousers and plain tshirts often. Like daily. It's comfortable, easy, and not likely to get in the way of my work.  But this sweater reminds me of the person I used to be, and of the person currently trapped inside who cant' get out!  Many factors contribute to why this trapped 'me' can't get out, and I won't go into all those reasons here. But I will make a promise to myself to try to wear something that makes that inner 'me' come out more often.  I even wore a loose braid today with little wispies coming out the sides.  Here's to being true to yourself.

1 comment:

  1. I'm all for bringing out the feminine side at home (and out of the house too, of course within hijab limits haha)! I too am trying to wear sundresses/skirts/cute tops around the house instead of old grungy stuff! Definitely feel much happier!

    ReplyDelete