Friday, January 6, 2012

Meals for next week

I know, it's still Friday, but I'm planning for next week.  We have to get lots of groceries this weekend b/c we slacked off last weekend.  Here's what I have lined up so far, but I'm going to have to add a few more main dishes. I'm at a complete loss... I'm so not enjoying being the one in charge of food for the family :(

Sweet Potato Soup
BBQ Chicken
Malfoof (wrapped cabbage leaves)
Shakrieh (cooked yogurt dish) with rice
*something in crockpot but what can it beeeeee??* help me!!

Might make this cabbage salad. Cabbage is nicely priced right now, especially at Sprouts, and I've loved this salad since Mom made it for me after I had delivered Aisha (cough, three years ago).




Recipe for Cabbage Salad:

Coarsely chop about half a head of cabbage
Add a handful of coarsely chopped almonds
Add a handful of craisins (dried cranberries)
Add a chopped apple

Dressing:
(amounts vary to taste)
Plain yogurt (about half a cup)
Orange Juice (couple of tbsps)
Maple Syrup (1 Tbsp if you like)

edited to add: for next week:  leg of lamb seared then slow cooked in crock pot, sides of rice and veggies
 green salad (Sunday night's dinner) with options of cheese, tuna, Stacy's pita chips
mexican type chicken in crockpot on Monday since hubby won't be joining us for dinner

1 comment:

  1. I love cabbage...might just be trying this as soon as my little man is weaned! You have great ideas, Zein!

    ReplyDelete