Saturday, January 26, 2013

February Meal Plan

 
It worked so great in January that I cannot go without it in February.  I did mostly follow the order on the list.  On the weekend I'd look ahead at the next 5-7 meals on the list and make a grocery list to match.  If there was anything I wanted to skip or replace I could easily do it.  A few dishes didn't get made in January, so I put them in February.  A couple of others were such hits that I'll be making them again.  I noted certain days of the week because those are days I'm out of the house and need dinner to be ready when I get back.  I picked foods that are either crock pot or easy to make ahead and reaheat.
Side note: I always make sides, so just because they're not listed doesn't mean we don't eat greens. 


February Meal Plan

1.      Hamburgers  Friday

2.      Koshari

3.      Grilled Salmon, veggies, rice

4.      Shepherd’s Pie

5.      Broccoli Soup w/ Cornbread   Tue

6.      Broiled Chicken, Veggies

7.      Crockpot: BBQ Zesty Chicken  Thurs

8.      Lentil Curry  Friday

9.      Kafta Waraq

10.   Roast Leg of Lamb  Sunday

11.   Whole roasted chicken in crockpot, salad, rice

12.   Molokhieh (when Abed is travelling)  Tuesday

13.   Mujaddara

14.   Chicken Paprika  Thursday

15.   Kafta Balls with veggies  Friday

16.   Chicken Nuggets in skillet  Saturday

17.   Malfoof  Sunday

18.   Musaka

19.   Fasulia, Rice  Tuesday

20.   Chicken Burgers

21.   Broccoli Rice Casserole  Thursday

22.   Baked potatoes  Friday

23.   Roast chicken pieces, potatoes, carrots, any other veggie  Saturday

24.   Spaghetti and Sauce, Salad

25.   Roasted veggies over pasta

26.   Italian chicken with rice (crockpot)

27.   Sloppy Joes

28.   Curried chickpeas, rice
this is a picture of my rice cooker with an attempt at making makloobeh in it.  i cooked the meat separately, oven-fried the eggplant separately, then combined everything in the rice cooker to cook.  it turned out great!  (makloobeh wasn't even on my january meal plan)

No comments:

Post a Comment