Saturday, January 26, 2013

Carrot Soup (or Sweet Potato)

Here's the recipe to a delicious, invigorating, nourishing soup.  I thank my mom for the recipe.

Carrot Soup (or Sweet Potato Soup)
1/2 of a large onion, chopped
1" fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
2 tsp curry powder
1/4 cup rice
2T oil
3-4 sweet potatoes or 2lbs carrots, peeled and cubed
10 cups water or chicken broth

Saute onion and ginger till translucent. Add rice and curry; stir one minute. Add carrots (or potatoes) and broth. Simmer for about half an hour and then puree till smooth.

I wish I had a picture. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh , this looks yummy! I might make some and use both veggies. :)

    Anyway, I came by to tell you that nominated your blog for a Liebster award. More details here: http://ashoenation.blogspot.com/2013/01/a-little-bit-of-me.html

    ReplyDelete