Friday, January 4, 2013

Day 4 : Shepherd's Pie

Dutifully following along, today was Shepherd's Pie.  I've made something similar only once before, so this is almost the first time I've ever made this.  Thanks to the plan, the ingredients were ready to roll this morning.  I assembled the dish... here is a peek:

I covered it, put it in the fridge, and left the house till almost 5pm.  Popped in the oven for an hour, and dinner was ready.  What I didn't tell you earlier is that I also chopped up a big green salad this morning and kept IT in the fridge (tomatoes separate, of course) until dinner time.  Here is the after (I do not even pretend one of those glamour bloggers with gorgeously-lit dishes on clean surfaces with the afternoon sun artistically streaming in through the window... you get my kitchen counter.)

 
I think we should have sufficient leftovers to cover for tomorrow.  I'll take that time to prep a little for the following day and for anything coming up during the next week.  We'll see how this pressure holds up once I start back to homeschool on Monday. 

This whole 'plan' is an experiment to see if it will help me or not.  What I might try next month is, let's use Sheperd's Pie for example, make two of them at one time and either freeze one for later, or keep it to bake the next day.  Then I could freeze those leftovers.  It will be more clear after another week or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment