Monday, October 19, 2009

Cluck Cluck


Assalamu alaikom, peace!

No, that's not the sound of me getting clucky, as in I am wanting another baby.. nooo nooo nooooo. It's the sound of the little hens I want to raise making their presence known in my head. Yes, I've been hearing them clucking away for a year or two now. Ever since we lived in Redmond with that gorgeous back yard, I've dreamt of having a few little egg laying chickens. Sure, they're messy and stinky. And noisy. But I thought it would be fun. Then I got pregnant with this last one, and I told them to be quiet in there b/c I wasn't going to happen soon.



Fast forward to my new house in Plano, and it seems it's become a craze now people raising their own chickens! What is this!!! The city of Dallas has made it legal to raise them in your backyard in the city, but Plano has not yet, at leat not on homes on small lots. They are getting pressured to, but it hasn't happened yet. In the meantime, I've met a lady who lives in McKinney who not only has chickens but a bunch of other animals. Ok, they live on some acrage, but I was curious. I love asking her about them. Then, I hear of these teeny tiny chicks that people are buying specifically for the backyard b/c they are sooo tiny that they're a breeze to take care of! And their eggs are tiny AND colored! Cute! How much more Dallas can you get? My husband commented today that I've been talking chicken a lot lately, and that he feels like I might be moving some in. I laughed. Yes, it's been a fantasy, but for now I'll stick to raising my 4 little monkeys :)

4 comments:

  1. Well, I signed up to be a follower of your blog...and now I can't figure out how to change my picture! I don't want to be a blank gray head! I'm going to figure it out now...or try anyway.

    Happy blogging! I love mine, even though I don't update it nearly as often as I should. I like to read back through it. AND--I'm stealing the 30 top meals idea!

    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ang! I read yours for a long time then somehow lost touch. I re-searched it and found you again a few weeks ago (before you came back to FB). Thanks for following.. hope you can change your blank head hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I went to my profile and added a picture (apparently I was a gray head on my OWN blog profile as well) but my face didn't show up on yours!! Why do I feel like a 90 year old woman when it comes to technology?????

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think you did the right thing. did you save it and all that?

    ReplyDelete