Thursday, November 12, 2009

Morning Rant

I have such a huge pet peeve, and it happens almost daily, so I have to just unload about it here today. There is a line of parking spots *right* across from the front door to my daughter's preschool. There are always free spots available, and most mornings there are near ten open parking spots for parents to park in. We take out kids in, sign them in on the sheet, and walk out. 2-5 minutes max. Ok, so far so good. Here's the problem. So many parents just CANNOT bring themselves to pull INTO a parking spot, and instead, they just pull up right in front of the door. They get out with their child, go in, sign out, etc.. All the while, their car is parked right where it would block (or nearly block) the two or three cars who parked in a spot. Like, why can't they just whip into that free spot RIGHT THERE in front of them? There is a sign on the front door that asks parents kindly not to park in that fire lane in front of the door, rather, to park in a spot. So why can't they just do that??? How many times have I had to come back in to find the person who is blocking me from reversing out? I mean, if there were a parking problem I might be able to make an excuse, but there is ample and convenient parking there so there is really no good reason for selfish people to just do as they please during a high traffic time of day.
It happens almost every time I am there dropping or picking up, and it just bugs me. I know, it's not a big problem, but maybe I'm easily irritated! I feel better now.

2 comments:

  1. Salam, Zein, this is just on of the many issues with the Muslim community sadly - complete and utter disregard for courtesy. I see it all the time at the masjids too. Human beings in general do this, but there is something about folks with the back-home-ian mentality that drive me crazy too. Someone got towed at the Northgate Masjid this Ramadan after being warned numerous times not to park in the handicap spot or to block others in. They were angry and shocked when the masjid finally towed them. REALLY!? Common sense and common courtesy - so many of us have lost our way. Subhanallah! I could give you ten examples right off the top of my head! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salam, I know Michaela, it happens a lot with that mentality you described. I hate that I'm starting to get cranky with the people who do that, but I can't get over it sometimes! It still happends almost daily. They just pull up and block all the cars that are parked in spaces. Grrr....

    ReplyDelete